Here Comes Launchman Mac Alpha Demo Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Layabouts has announced the release of an alpha demo for the OS X version of the upcoming Here Comes Launchman. The 2D sidescroller follows the adventures of Launchman, an intergalactic explorer seeking treasure on the mysterious Puzzle Planet. Here Comes Launchman's unique gameplay mechanic allows players to launch the explorer through the air like a rocket in any direction and manipulate objects telekinetically. The alpha demo contains a tutorial area as well as seven full levels from the game.
About Here Comes LaunchmanLearn more about the game at the site below.
Here Comes Launchman
You are Launchman, space explorer for hire! You've been commissioned to explore the mysterious Puzzle Planet, which is said to contain valuable treasure. With his robot assistant Sanford in tow, Launchman soars, ricochets, careens, and launches through obstacle courses filled with deadly traps and contraptions. The game is currently planned for release later in 2012.
About The Layabouts
- Play with physics-based gameplay that puts a unique spin on the 2D sidescroller.
- Launch through the air at rocket speeds and stop on a dime with your signature air-brake.
- Use your telekinetic abilities to throw around objects, flip switches, and solve devious puzzles.
- Play through loads of levels filled with neat contraptions and gameplay mechanics.
- See its distinctive monochrome art style, and listen to its kickin' electronic soundtrack.
- It's for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux!
The Layabouts are a creative media studio specializing in video games. Approaching the creative process with an enthusiast's perspective and a somewhat irreverent style, the Layabouts focus on producing fun and unique game titles for digital distribution, as well as other media such as comics and video. Here Comes Launchman will be The Layabouts' first commercial game product.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 16, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.