American Civil War Now Available At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com is now offering Virtual Progamming's American Civil War for sale on its webstore. The historical turn-based war sim allows players to take control of either the North or the South in a variety of scenarios and campaigns, offering the chance to change the outcome of the war.
AGEODíS AMERICAN CIVIL WAR Ė The Blue and the Gray American Civil War is available now for $19.95 (USD). Learn more at thel ink below.
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
A historically accurate, realistic and fun Turn-Based grand Operational Strategy game of the American Civil War. Based on an expanded and improved version of the ďBirth of AmericaĒ game engine, the game enjoys a very intuitive interface and is easy to learn.
AGEODíS AMERICAN CIVIL WAR (AACW) is a historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).
Players are military and political leaders trying to lead the troops of their nations (armies and fleets) to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations during those five years of wild campaigning throughout a divided nation.
Most of the individual years of campaign between 1861 and 1865 are playable via a separate scenario (to be refined during beta testing). Advanced scenarios will allow recreation of some yearly and/or theatre campaigns, and there will be of course the complete Grand Campaign covering the whole war.
- Upgraded BoA engine with improved Military AI
- The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution (known as WEGO system)
- Easy to play, hard to master, play a scenario over a few hour or a full X-turn Grand Campaign following in Grantís or Lee's footsteps!
- A large selection of Scenarios (11) and Campaigns (5)
- The largest Civil War map ever, with unequaled look and detail levels
- 2 playable nations, dozens of different troops, hundreds of events, over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities
- Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, use sea, riverine and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows)!
- Fight to reconcile the nation (USA) or ensure independence (CSA): victory can be military or political, as national will plays a crucial role
- AGEODís recognized dedication to historicity, realism, and good-looking games!
- Players: 1-2
- OS X 10.5.8 or higher
- Any Intel CPU
- 128 MB Video RAM
- GeForce 7300/7600 or newer, or RadeonHD 2600/4670/4850/4870 or newer, or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or newer
- 512 MB RAM
- 1.2 GB hard disk space
- Broadband connection for Product Registration
American Civil War (add to watch list)
Buy American Civil War
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.