Steel Storm Beta Coming This Month
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Kot-in-Action Creative Artel has announced the opening of an official website for Steel Storm, an episodic top-down shooter. Episode I of the arcade action game will be entering beta this month for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Steel Storm puts players in control of a hovetank filled with an array of weaponry, and tasks them with battling against alien invaders.
Steel Storm is an old school top down arcade shooter with score oriented competitive gameplay, and is designed for people who like fast paced action and have limited amounts of time to play computer games.
The events of the game take place in an alternative universe where you control an advanced hovertank, packed with the most advanced and sophisticated weapons. Your task is simple, but, nevertheless, is not trivial. In the fight with presumed extraterrestrial invaders, you must prevail!
Coming in Episode 2:
- Deathmatch and coop game modes;
- Exploration and time-trial gameplay types;
- Score driven gameplay - master your skills to stay ahead;
- Intelligent AI knows no mercy;
- Hordes of enemies to destroy;
- Vast numbers of destroyable structures and obstacles;
- Huge territories to reclaim;
- 6 missions of various difficulty, for beginners & hardcore gamers;
- Edit or create your own missions with SandStorm in-game realtime multi-user editor (will be released as a patch for Episode I).
- 6 new weapons;
- 3 huge and deadly bosses;
- 10 more types of enemies;
- 4 more unique environments;
- 2 new campaigns totalling 18 missions;
- Game Source Code;
- Mod Development SDK;
- and more!
Kot-in-Action invites all old-school shmup fans to register on our forums and join our official IRC channel and get ready for the beta. Preorders are also available for the upcoming second episode.
For more information about the game click over to the links below.
Kot-in-Action Creative Artel
Buy Steel Storm
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.