World of Warcraft 2.0.1 Released
9:02 AM | Tuncer Deniz | 11 comments
Blizzard Entertainment today released a patch for their MMORPG Mac game, World of Warcraft. The new patch, which brings the game up to version 2.0.1 from 1.2, includes a number of important addition and fixes, including Multi-Threaded OpenGL support on Intel Macs. According to Blizzard, Intel Mac users will see a significant boost in frame rates with this patch.
Here's a list of Mac specific changes:
• Added support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher. Depending on hardware, scene and graphicalsettings, this can raise frame rates up to a factor of 2X. To update your copy of World of Warcraft from 1.2 to 2.0.1, simply log onto World of Warcraft to auto-update your copy of the game. Macgamefiles.com is also hosting a downloadable version of the patch for those who might have issues with the auto-update. For more, follow the links below.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
• Improved video hardware detection and default settings, especially with Intel video.
• Vertex Animation Shaders have been disabled for systems with Intel video.
• Improved iTunes key-binding feature for smoothness and track name display.
• Fixed a bug where Tutorial Tips would not be marked as viewed correctly on PowerPC Macs.
• Fixed a rare crash bug in the audio code.
• Improved support for Weather Shaders.
• Added support for changing the mouse sensitivity in WoW. Previously, the Mac version ignored the value from the slider in the Interface Options dialog.
World of Warcraft (add to watch list)
Macgamefiles: World of Warcraft 2.0.1 Patch
Buy World of Warcraft
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, December 1, 2006
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.