Hollow Ground 1.2 Released
8:16 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Aescapia has recently released an update for Hollow Ground, its top-view tactical shooting game. The update bumps HG up to version 1.2, and includes a host of fixes as well as a new level.
Some of the changes are as follows:
A complete list of changes can be found at HG's download page. In addition, Aescapia notes that Hollow ED, it's map editor, will soon be updated to version 1.0.1.
- Added Mutated Tree as a map feature.
- Added new Ground Floor start map. Modified the old start map and included it as a bonus indoor map at level depth span 1-5.
- More detail and better quality in the algorithm that renders persistent effects on floors and walls.
- Changed to using SDL's platform independent open source libraries for everything from playing music to timers. Sound and music is converted to new file formats (.XM, .WAV).
- Changed monster generation rate and re-balanced many other game parameters to be more challenging on the higher difficulty levels.
- Changed so that extending bridge feature can be used with any type of tile and not just chasms.
- Fixed bug where tiles in custom maps had the wrong friction (movement slow down) after having been transformed by explosions, extending bridge features, secret doors etc.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 2, 2004
Thursday, July 1, 2004
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Monday, June 28, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.