Unreal Tournament v3236 Patch for Mac Released
9:14 AM | Mike Apps | Comment on this story
Unreal fans waiting for the latest patch to Unreal Tournament 2004 need to wait no longer. The patch makes a large number of fixes and changes to the game, from changes to game types to fixes to weapons. Here's some of the fixes in the patch:
Onslaught related:For more information or to download the patch, follow the links below.
UT2004 v3236 Patch for Mac
- Added bSmoothKarmaStateUpdates to Actor to control whether Karma interpolates between states
- Added bRepulseWater to KRepulsors and enabled this for Hovercraft
- Added bFlyingKarma to Pawn to indicate PHYS_Karma is active but pawn rotation should still be handled like PHYS_Flying
- SVehicleFactories now store a reference to their marker as MyMarker
- Added bCanHover to Vehicle to indicate a vehicle that can use HoverPathNodes to fly over water.
- Added water damage support to Vehicle so that vehicles will take damage when under water.
- Karma now collides correctly with inverted terrain - courtesy James Golding ;-)
- Increased the extra linear dampening for Karma in water from 0.8 to 2.5 and angular dampening from 0.1 to 0.4
- Moved RepulsorsShouldHit function to ONSVehicle where it should be.
- Added support for PowerCores and PowerNodes triggering events when created and destroyed.
- Cleaned up PowerCore energy beam effect when PowerCores are not present in the map.
- Added bDriverCannotLeaveVehicle flag in ONSVehicle for vehicles you can't get out of but instead will try to flip you upright when you press USE if the vehicle is flipped.
- Added bNeverActivate to ONSVehicleFactory that can be set by mods that want to use Onslaught maps but not factories.
- Fixed a bug in ONSWeapon that used the primary fire projectile class for alt-fire instead of the alt-fire version.
- Moved daredevil code server-side to avoid horrible cheating and the ability to mod/mutate features based on daredevil tricks.
- Reversable vehicle factories will work correctly when sides are swapped.
- Fixed midgame menu popping up when watching an Onslaught demo if the viewed player dies
- Fixed camera rotation being changed when switching between first and third person view in a manta
- Fixed target/ion painter ammo issues
- Fixed bug in stunt mutator where vehicles would be accelerated in their local downward Z when holding the jump warmup while in air.
- Onslaught turrets cannot damage PowerCores or PowerNodes
- Onslaught vehicles take a very small amount of damage over time when on fire and there is no driver
- Fixed players always spawning at own PowerCore after sides are swapped.
- Fixed problem where bots weren't spawning at the nodes they are defending.
General Game play:
- More script warning fixes
- Fixed armor loop in GameInfo.ReduceDamage() properly handling armor getting destroyed while absorbing damage
- Invasion monsters never use default character mesh
- Fixed CTFSquadAI.FindHidePathFor()
- Make sure always add armor using Pawn.AddShieldStrength()
- Fixed ShieldAbsorb() armor damage absorption to produce consistent results in all situations
- Fixed spawning of physicsvolume entry and exit actors, as well as splash sounds, and made them client side.
- Added WaterSplash, used for projectiles and pawns
- Added SplashEffect property and CheckForSplash() function to WeaponAttachment, so instant hit weapons can cause splashes
- Added BulletSplash, used for trace weapons
- Landing sounds no longer stomp on splash sounds
- Added WaterRing - spawned while pawn is walking in water, or center of pawn enters water (new PawnEntryActor property in PhysicsVolume)
- Fixed pawn visible rotation lagging too far behind actual rotation (because of head/torso twist support)
- Fixed bots going after nearby dropped inventory that they couldn't pick up
- Fixed some dynamic uploads (which could cause occasional hitching during gameplay)
- Fixed getting proper ammo count when picking up dropped weapon and already have ammo but no weapon of that type
- Fixed SquadLeader getting set to none if everyone in squad is in a turret
- HUD weapon bar bShowMissingWeaponInfo now config, so is properly saved
- Fixed CTFSquadAI finding flagholder when holder is in vehicle
- Fixed "Use Map Defaults" for bots can result in uneven teams in some maps
- [USE] will only bring up the mid-game menu in ONS games
- Fix for custom models crashing the single player game.
- Fixed TracerProjectile location setting after near miss sound effect
- Fixed BR bomb trail position in multiplayer
- Added Instagib CTF as standalone gametype
- Allow chatting when the game is paused.
- No longer catch own weapon when thrown while running forward
- Fixed weapons checking if they were out of ammo when they weren't the active weapon (which was causing undesired switching to best weapon)
Unreal Tournament 2004
MGF: Unreal Tournament 2004 3236
Buy Unreal Tournament 2004
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, June 17, 2004
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
Monday, June 14, 2004
Friday, June 11, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.