GameSmith 3.4.3 Update
8:41 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Freeverse has recently updated GameSmith, its proprietary game matching service. Now listed at version 3.4.3, the update brings with it the following fixes and changes:
Those interested in downloading the latest version can find it at MacGameFiles.
- Added an auto-response when paging another player. This auto-response informs the sender that the page has been sent and to wait for a reply.
- Added more information to the “You’ve been paged” message letting you how you can respond.
- Added support for :mrblue: and :mrred: to match the 3D .3 update
- Many areas that currently report a player as Playing in game xyz will now report Waiting in game xyz if the game is still open and waiting for joiners.
- In the first pane of the Player Info dialog there is now a small … link right after player’s current game stats. This link takes you online to see their stats in detail.
- Fixed a problem where double-clicking a game to join it would sometimes fail.
- Fixed a minor cosmetic problem with the Player Info dialog when switching to the Game Stats pane too quickly.
- Fixed a minor cosmetic problem related to banner ads.
- Fixed a problem where typing into the Enter Password dialog for games could sometimes end up with a Join button that was disabled until clicking the password field.
- Added support for Ranked Bots which allows for the bots in the 3D Card games to get actual ratings and a real rank.
MGF - GameSmith 3.4.3
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Tuesday, February 17, 2004
Monday, February 16, 2004
Friday, February 13, 2004
Thursday, February 12, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.