GameSmith 3.4.2 Released
8:44 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Freeverse has recently updated GameSmith, its online networking library for its various titles. The update, which brings it up to version 3.4.2, addresses several bugs and adds some enhancements:
Those interested in downloading the update can do so from MacGameFiles.
MGF - GameSmith 3.4.2
- The game list now shows most games from other rooms. Only for games hosted by fairly old clients does this not happen. (The really old clients do not send notifications of their hosted game to all players, only to players in the same room as they.) This change helps makes it much easier to get into games regardless of which room you may be in.
- The Game Info dialog has been updated to better match the look and feel of the Player Info dialog. It also now includes information about which room a game is hosted from.
- Added new /save command which saves chat to a file on the desktop. You can just use /save by itself or you can supply a file name: /save myfile. In this case emoticons will be lost. If you have the Mac OS X developer tools installed you can use the -w command to save it in WorldText format which will then save the emoticons. (So either /save -w or /save -w myfile)
- Improved the /version playername command. It now reports version information for all games that player is logged in with.
- Improved the /find playername command. It now reports room information for all games that player is logged in with.
- Added Control clicking text items in the Player Info dialog. You?ll now get a Contextual menu with options to copy the text to the Clipboard and to open links if appropriate.
- Double clicking a game that is not full and a different type than yours still tells you ?you?re playing Spades, you can?t join a Hearts game?. But now there is a button in alert message that can open Game Info (which is probably why you double clicked).
- Fixed a bug trying to Host a game while already involved in a game as a joiner. It would basically end up kicking you out of the game you were in. Now it asks you if that is really what you want to do.
- Fixed a problem with Local games where you could not join a game that was on your local subnet by selecting it in the list without typing at least one digit into the IP address field to enable the Join button.
Improved support for GameSmith Chat, Player Info no longer reports "Unknown" in the first tab pane for the game stats.
- Removed a horizontal line near the bottom of the Player Info dialog when using Mac OS 8/9.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, January 12, 2004
Friday, January 9, 2004
Thursday, January 8, 2004
Wednesday, January 7, 2004
Tuesday, January 6, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.