Solace Update, X-Words and CrossCards Released
10:18 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Catching up on our Freeverse news, released late last week was an update to Solace. A strategy board game set in the mold of Axis & Allies, the update, which brings Solace up to version 1.04, brings with it a number of balance changes:
Jinda EmpireThe patches, which have been made available for both Mac and PC, can be downloaded from Freeverse's site.
- Added one catapult to the county just right of the Jinda Empire capital
- Moved two transports from the furthest naval fleet to the sea zone just north of the Jinda Empire capital
- Added one sloop to the sea zone which the transports which were moved to
- Added two transports to the fleet in the Kilary Stronghold sea port
People of Tarth
- Added two infantry to the vacant county just north of the People of Tarth capital
- Added one transport to the naval fleet just south of the Minx Cartel capital
In other news, Freeverse has released both X-Words and CrossCard for the Mac. Taking a cue from Scrabble, the games make use of letters and cards, respectively, and challenge players to build competitive combinations:
X-Words Deluxe is a wordmaking game that features animated opponents, a number of different boards and "scenarios", and special word lists for kids, experts, and even foreign languages such as Manx and Gaelic. It also lets you customize anything - from your own game boards, word lists, and bonus words!Those interested in trying out either title can find downloadable trial demos at Freeverse's site.
Freeverse - Solace 1.04 Released
CrossCards is what happens when you replace the letter tiles in X-Words Deluxe with playing cards. Build a good hand using your cards to score big points! You can also play against a number of animated opponents, and have the game recommend moves to you while you're learning how to play.
Freeverse - X-Words and CrossCard Released
Freeverse (add to watch list)
Solace (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, December 8, 2003
Friday, December 5, 2003
Thursday, December 4, 2003
Wednesday, December 3, 2003
Tuesday, December 2, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.