Marathon: Resurrection News
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Recently we received an update from Damien Sorresso, the project coordinator for Marathon : Resurrection, the forthcoming Unreal Tournament total conversion based on Bungie's classic shooter Marathon. This project is still in the very early stages of development, and not much is known at this time about its status or purpose, so Sorresso filled us in on some of the details. Here's a status report:
He also mentioned that the Marathon : Resurrection project is not intended to be identical to the original Marathon, and an exact conversion should not be expected; for example the original Marathon did not have the ability to jump and crouch, but they have no intention of forbidding that in M:R, as these abilities are present in the Unreal Tournament engine.
- First tidbit is that we have 2 new music composers who are going to do a collaboration on the Marathon: Resurrection soundtrack. As soon as Josh is back, I'll give him the "P'fhor Voyage" track, composed by one of our music guys, to post on the MP3 section of the site.
- We have a variety of new sections planned. These include and MP3 Section and a Fan Art Section. The MP3 Section will contain music releases from our composers. The Fan Art Section will contain any sort of artwork done by you, the fans, that you may wish to submit. It will also house desktop pictures created by members of the team.
- The sections "What is Resurrection," "What is Marathon," and "What is UT" will be up as soon as Josh gets his computer back.
- The Music Composer position is closed. Please do not contact us about helping with music. We have 2 excellent composers, now. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed with their work.
- The Sound Engineer position is still open. We lost both of our original Sound Effects Engineers, so we need lots of help in this area.
M:R Levels Page
If you are new to the Marathon: Resurrection project, follow the links below. The web site does not work with Netscape browsers, so links to several other pages of the site are also listed for those who use that browser.
M:R Weapons Page
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, August 31, 2000
Wednesday, August 30, 2000
Tuesday, August 29, 2000
Monday, August 28, 2000
Friday, August 25, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.