Factor Software Releases Germs 1.0.0
4:54 PM | Galen Wiley | Comment on this story
Factor Software today announced the release of Germs a new shareware title developed by Mike Weyandt that offers fast and frantic gameplay with a strategic edge. Here's a brief description from the game's webpage:
Germs is a game that combines quick thinking with even quicker reflexes as players manipulate scads of colorful, killer pathogens in order to neutralize a biologial threat and save humanity.Germs is currently available for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Users can download a free demo version of the game and then purchase the full version for $19.95. For even more information, check out the Germs website.
The gameplay is quite simple, relying at its core on the "pick pieces up and place them on the gameboard" model used in several games such as MacPipes.
In Germs, the player picks up germ sprites from a "culture dish" and arranges them on the gameboard in patterns of the same color to make them disappear.
Germs' main features are:
- Gorgeous artwork in thousands of colors
- Six different animated germs-some cute, some nasty, all dangerous!
- 35 different levels of pulse-pounding puzzle action
- Beginner and Expert skill levels-choose what's right for you
- A fully-interactive tutorial to teach you the ropes
- 2 original electronic music tracks
- The ability to play your favorite mp3s as background music
- Multi-channel stereo sound effects
Download Germs 1.0.0
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 9, 2003
Tuesday, July 8, 2003
Monday, July 7, 2003
Thursday, July 3, 2003
Wednesday, July 2, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.