Arcane Arena Updated, iPod Claimed
9:59 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Freeverse Software's MMORPG, Arcane Arena recently received an update, bringing it up to version 1.06. The version bump adds a list of changes and fixes, including the following:
In related news, the long-running "find the iPod" contest has finally been won, with a player by the handle of "Hawk" claiming the prize. Ian Lynch Smith, president of Freeverse, commented on the victory with "I hope the dude likes polka music!"
- Fixed a problem in the Client where the player list could get screwy after a Host re-connection.
- Added help to the Client when a '?' is typed.
- That '?' help message is displayed in the Client when a new character is created now.
- Fixed a problem in the Client where players logging in with the same name could cause the player list to have problems displaying peoples tats when clicked on.
- Changed the Client so that if it fails to load the view plugin, it resets the preferences to use the default view plugin name.
- Created a loop when connecting to the Host so the Client will attempt to connect 30 times before giving up.
- Fixed a Client bug where using the "Join" button would exit the arena interface briefly before the battle started.
Arcane Arena features a persistent online world ready for exploration, and features a unique battle-timer system, open-source monster AI, and plug-ins that allow for custom skinning. Those interested in more information or wishing to try out a demo can find it at Freeverse's site.
Freeverse (add to watch list)
Arcane Arena (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 27, 2003
Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Tuesday, March 25, 2003
Monday, March 24, 2003
Friday, March 21, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.