Lineage Changes, Deathmatch Arenas
8:58 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
The site for Lineage: the Blood Pledge was updated recently with a long list of changes for their weekly publish update of this massively multiplayer online RPG. All of these changes will take place at 10:00am Central time today. This unusually large update makes the normal round of bug fixes, but also adds a number of quests for each character type and also brings a new Arena Deathmatch to the game.
For those players who would like to prove their worth in the game, they can now purchase entry or just spectator passes to in-game fighting events twice a day. Those fighting must be level 40 or higher and will take on monsters as well as other players in return for experience and loot. Here are a few more details from the update:
For more information on the Arena Deathmatch, as well as the other changes going out today, be sure to head over and read the full update.
Lineage Publish Announcement for September 4
- Admission fee is 1,000 adena.
- Players will be able to purchase an entry ticket up to 5 minutes before the session starts. Players will be teleported outside of the arena 5 minutes after the last monster has spawned. Player self-teleportation will NOT be disabled during this, so do not leave the arena unless necessary as you will be unable to return.
- Twice per day, the arena will be ready. The times are tentatively set to be 1pm and 10pm Central US time. This will allow for an evening event in both the US and Europe.
- Spectator tickets will be sold to allow viewing the battles for 100 adena.
- Player versus player combat is allowed inside of the Arena.
- Players will lose experience if killed by a monster when inside of the arena. However they will not lose experience if killed by another player in the Arena.
Download Lineage Episode 11
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 2, 2002
Friday, August 30, 2002
Thursday, August 29, 2002
Wednesday, August 28, 2002
Tuesday, August 27, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.