Warbirds III Updated Again
12:06 PM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
Once again, the massively-multiplayer flight-sim Warbirds III has been updated, this time by its new owner, Total Sims. Version 08.07.02, a mandatory update, brings new vehicles into the Warbirds III universe:
Aircraft & cockpits added: In addition, an exhaustive list of updates accompanies the new version:
Mosquito IV & VI
Opel Truck (Note: cockpit has you sitting on the hood.)
WarBirds III is a massively-multiplayer, pay-for-play, online flight simulator allowing subscribers to battle in a persistent universe modelled after Western Europe, set in World War II. The game is currently being transformed into a total war simulator, with budding support for ground and sea vehicles.
- All shadows enabled
- Roads enabled on Europe terrain (terr001)
- Aircraft shaped button on the fields tab will bring you to a close up map of the field you're at where you can select individual spawn points. Pressing it again will bring you back to the normal map mode. (F3 also toggles this display)
- Crosshair button on the fields tab will recenter and reset the zoom of the field map.
- Players should now be able to see each other's external loadouts. Known bug: external artwork will not change after dropping ordnance
- Lots of effects optimized and adjusted
- All text input boxes now diasble key commands (meaning, if you have something bound to the 'a' key you won't cause that function to happen if you are typing 'iceman' in the Check Scores box in the UI, etc.)
- Crash caused by road overlay object not being cleared from memory when switching terrains fixed
- Numerical Scalars work in stick setup menu
- "slow down" on carrier takeoff eliminated
- Keyset issues fixed, there is now a controls04.cfg file created when you run the game.
- Europe terrain-general smoothing, fixed coastlines, rivers, etc
- Exposed terr001.tga in your WBIII directory. You may edit this to adjust what is displayed for your terr001 (default Europe) F1 map.
- hi-med-low quality video settings now work
- Plane list alphabetized
- P38L weight fixed
- toggle engine# commands now work properly
- BF109E now has matching camo pattern on wings and fuse
- Mission editor implemented. Mission Editor "How to" document included in this package (cmtool.rtf)
- Drone wingmen now available for bomber sorties
- Air Combat Maneuver (ACM) recording
- Peer to peer uploading enabled
- OSX have shadows.
- Mission Editor offset problems fixed
- .trimrepeatkey issues fixed-should work on joysticks as well as on the keyboard
- Fuzzy cockpits problem fixed
- Crash at end of loading terrain due to low mem allocation (OS9) fixed
- iMac resolution/refresh rate/black border (OS9) fixed
Download 08.07.02 Update (37MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 6, 2002
Friday, August 2, 2002
Thursday, August 1, 2002
Wednesday, July 31, 2002
Tuesday, July 30, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.