Aspyr Updates Hot Date, Medal of Honor
6:00 AM | Galen Wiley | Comment on this story
Well-known Mac gaming company Aspyr has released updates for two of their more popular games, The Sims: Hot Date, and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Complete changes are as follows (courtesy of Mac Game Files):
Medal of Honor 1.12 includes the following fixes:
- Fixes an intermittent crash when loading new levels, and another condition where the game would intermittently quit when running on dual-processor computers.
- Improves performance in Mac OS X.
- Updates the Miles sound sub-system, restoring the 3D sound functionality (disabled in original release).
The Sims: Hot Date 2.3.1 includes the following fixes:
Be sure to download the updates if you own any or both of these games.
IMG Review: The Sims: Hot Date
- In certain circumstances (usually when running under Mac OS 8.6), the game would always erroneously ask for "The Sims" CD at startup or report a -43 error.
- The preferred memory partition size (applicable in Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9) has increased from 130MB to 200MB. This means that the application will request 200MB of memory at launch time. If less memory is available, it will use the largest amount of memory available between 130MB and 200MB. The application will not run if less than 130MB is available. Although not necessary, you may wish to increase your virtual memory settings, or better yet, install more physical RAM to accommodate this change.
- Occasionally, the Room mood bar was overdrawing to the left, most notably in a pool house room.
- At the end of the install process, when the user is asked to insert one of their previous expansion pack CDs, the Hot Date CD was not always being ejected.
- Fixed an OS9 crash associated with the Repo Man and Clown Catcher.
- Reduced CPU usage while the game is paused.
IMG Review: Medal of Honor
The Sims: Hot Date 2.3.1
Medal of Honor 1.12
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, July 29, 2002
Friday, July 26, 2002
Thursday, July 25, 2002
Wednesday, July 24, 2002
Tuesday, July 23, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.