DOWN Sees Release
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
DOWN, a joint shareware project between Jelly and Fantasoft, has recently reached Released status and is now available for purchase. For those unfamiliar with the title, DOWN is an action/adventure title, with a look similar to Diablo II, that boasts OpenGL-native graphics and some very curious-looking beasties for players to encounter.
Some of the features include the following:
- 16 chapters.The system requirements are quite reasonable, with the listing including a G3, 64MB RAM, an OpenGL capable graphics card, and 600MB of HD space.
- 7 individual atmospheric regions.
- 10 monster classes will cross your path. Some may aid you while others may try to slay you.
- fight for, find, buy, use and sell the following items:
- Pulsars: Cause the ground to tremble and help find your way to remote locations.
- Potions: Restore a portion of your health.
- Shooters: Allow you to blast your enemies.
- Keys: Make barriers disappear.
- Bodyswappers: Possess nearby creatures. Acquire their looks, energy and strength.
- Matter Melters: Can unite several items into something even more powerful.
- Messages: Provide hints about the chapter you're in.
- Maps: View the surroundings through an eagle's eye.
For those interested in trying before buying, a demo that includes the first three levels is also available for download. More on the game's story as well as a bestiary, a slew of screenshots, and the demo itself can be found at the official DOWN website.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, June 28, 2002
Thursday, June 27, 2002
Wednesday, June 26, 2002
Tuesday, June 25, 2002
Monday, June 24, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.