GameRanger 3 Updated to Preview 3
7:12 AM | Sean Smith | Comment on this story
GameRanger 3, the Carbon version of the Macintosh multiplayer online gaming service by Scott Kevill, has been updated to Preview Release 3.
Notable changes to this latest preview release include the addition of support for Myth: The Fallen Lords (GameRanger has long supported the real-time strategy game's sequel, Myth II: Soulblighter).
Other changes include:
- Replaced room list with a more intuitive and space-efficient drop-down list
- Buddy list visibility now preserved across launches
- Window positions are saved and restored across resolution changes by misbehaving games
- Fixed last remaining bug with Classic Helper on OS 8.6
- Fixed about twenty old Classic games
- Widened user list a little
- Completely fixed adding servers to favourites
- Added contextual menu command to copy extra server details to the clipboard
- Enabled "Add to/Remove from Buddy List" in private message windows
Earlier preview releases of the GameRanger 3 client, available at Macgamefiles.com, will automatically update themselves when connecting to the service.
Kevill notes that GameRanger 3.0 will soon be a forced update for users of GameRanger 2.1.6 as well, so if you find any critical bugs in version 3.0 Preview 3 that force you to stick with version 2.1.6, Kevill advises you to report them as soon as possible.
MGF: GameRanger 3.0 Preview (185 KB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, June 25, 2002
Monday, June 24, 2002
Friday, June 21, 2002
Thursday, June 20, 2002
Wednesday, June 19, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.