Mac UT 425 Released
9:55 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
Westlake Interactive has announced that the 425 patch for Mac Unreal Tournament has been released. This brings the Mac version of UT up to date with the PC version, which should help with compatibility with certain third-party modifications. Here's the news from Westlake:
This update includes all of the fixes from the PC version of UT, versions Grab this update from the link below atMacgamefiles.com.
420 and 425. It is not a required update for the Mac, as all previous
versions of UT Mac work fine with PC & Mac servers of any version.
PC changes for 425 that affect the Mac version:
Version 425 is completely network compatible with all previous public releases of UT (versions 400, 402, 405b, 413, and 420).
Note that with the new version, when you are connecting to a passworded server, you will see a "Connection Failed" message, and then successfully connect. The client first tries to connect
without using a password, and then tries again with the password.
- fixed another mixed skin cheat
- fixed creeping pings problem - especially prevalent with passworded servers
- fixed problems with passwords with spaces
- improved server CPU utilization
- improved prioritization of network traffic for low bandwidth users
- fixed ActorLineCheck() crash again - no really this time
- fixed clearing base on client in netplay - thanks Mongo
- fixed suicide spamming
- Last Man Standing now can have time limit
- fixed spriteballexplosion sounds playing client side
- faster translocation effect in software mode
- fixed collision bug which cropped up in 420 (overlord)
PC changes for 420 that affect the Mac version:
- fixed actorlinecheck() crash
- fixed findrandomdest()
- fixed security holes with ServerRestartGame() SwitchLevel() and SwitchCoopLevel()
- removed ability to use bad skins
- fixed ADDINI for editing .ini files for patch and umod installation
Download UT 425 Patch (3.3 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 4, 2000
Thursday, August 3, 2000
Wednesday, August 2, 2000
Tuesday, August 1, 2000
Monday, July 31, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.