Massive Civ3 Chat Log Posted
6:00 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Apolyton's fan site dedicated to Sid Meier's Civilization 3 has posted a nine-page chat transcript from a record interview which lasted seven hours. Three employees from Firaxis were on hand, including Jeffrey Morris, Dan Magaha, and Mike Breithreutz. Many new aspects of the upcoming Play the World multiplayer expansion were covered, including changes the game's editor. For those that don't have time to read through the full thing, a nice summary has been posted in the Apolyton forum, as well as a breakdown of new information gleaned from the interview on the main page:
PTW Info:While no specific announcement regarding the Mac version has been yet made by MacSoft, the success of the original makes it a likely candidate. Brad Oliver of Westlake Interactive is also still working on the editor for OS X, so stay tuned for more info on that as it becomes available.
Apolyton Civilization News
- New non-unique(civ specific units): guerilla and medieval infantry
- Function of outposts: They push back the fog of war and are context sensitive (mountain outposts push back mroe that desert outposts)
- AI: Not a great deal of new AI, except for them using the new things like airfields
- Events: on the wishlist, along with many other things that have been suggested in the forums(and the chat)
- PBEM: In pbem games, players will not have to have matching default bics
Apolyton Chat 'Choice Cuts'
Full Civ 3 Chat Transcript
Buy Civilization III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 5, 2002
Tuesday, June 4, 2002
Monday, June 3, 2002
Friday, May 31, 2002
Thursday, May 30, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.