Warbirds 06.05.02 Open Beta Released
6:00 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
iEntertainment has released an open-beta version of its popular massively-multiplayer flight sim Warbirds. The new version will be tested in a separate open-beta arena at no cost to players. The new download requires open beta version 05.08.02 to run, and introduces the following new features:
- Updated effects system
- The ef3.wwm and effects.ef3 files are now exposed, so you may now edit them and manipulate many of the effects. Please make sure that the effects work, and that the Mac players can see them.
- Updated:destroyer cockpit and model
- F4F3 cockpit
- F4F4 cockpit
- F6F5 cockpit
- New Mc205 aircraft model and cockpit
- Offline games list is now a list-box and the arrow keys are fully functional
- Popup menus (i.e. the plane selection menu) now work like PC popups (stay open on one click)
- Mac only:
- Windowed mode now available
- OSX will allow you to hide the menu bar in windowed mode by pressing CMD-ESC
- New dot commands:
- .DISPLAYFILE[title][left top right bottom] -- Will display a text file. Only [path] is required, the other parameters are optional.
Warbirds III is a massively-multiplayer simulation set in World War II over western Europe. The game has support for a number of aircraft and growing support for ground vehicles.
Warbirds III 06.05.02 OSX Update (19.5 MB)
Warbirds III 06.05.02 OS9 Update (17.1 MB)
Open Beta Bug Reports
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, June 4, 2002
Monday, June 3, 2002
Friday, May 31, 2002
Thursday, May 30, 2002
Wednesday, May 29, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.