Wolfenstien Sequel Preview
10:30 AM | Toby Allen | Comment on this story
While the annual gathering of Quake fans known as Quakecon 00 is no E3, various game developers and publishers are using this expo to demonstrate their upcoming games; one of the titles on display was Grey Matter's upcoming Return to Castle Wolfenstein, a sequel to id Software's original Wolfenstein 3D. 3D Action planet got a chance to preview this title and post some screen shots. The obtained many details on this game, as well as a list of the weapons that will be available:
According to this preview, this game is close to completion, with only some small design issues and the requisite testing left to be done. There is currently no word of a Mac OS version, but the use of the Quake 3 Arena engine as the base of this game makes a port very likely; two other titles based on the Q3A engine are already bound for the Mac OS.
Return to Wolfenstein Preview at 3DAP
- The Luger -- Standard pistol fallback
- The Mauser Rifle -- A rifle with a bit more kick than the Luger
- The MP40 Machine gun -- Another machine gun
- The Tompson -- Another rifle
- The SP5 Pistol -- An incredibly powerful pistol that can gib an opponent in one shot, but which has horrible accuracy, especially at longer ranges.
- The Bazooka -- It's the rocket launcher of the 1940's. 'Nuff said.
- Grenades -- Hand thrown explosives that enemies can throw back at you.
- Venom Gun -- A massive chaingun that shreds enemies like a cheese grater.
- The Flamethrower -- Easily the most impressive weapon I saw, the Flamethrower gushes with beautifully rendered flames that can catch opponents (and their gibs!) on fire. It even billows around the level geometry (rocks, walls, etc.), so that it looks real.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, August 3, 2000
Wednesday, August 2, 2000
Tuesday, August 1, 2000
Monday, July 31, 2000
Friday, July 28, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.