X-Plane Updated to 6.15
12:47 PM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
After a week of beta testing, Laminar Research has released version 6.15 of its popular general-aviation simulator, X-Plane. The new version includes many fixes:
Refinements:X-Plane is a modular flight simulator allowing pilots to fly almost anywhere on the planet in a variety of airplanes, from the typical to the exotic. X-Plane also simulates outer space and Mars flight.
IMG Review: X-Plane
- Video RAM reduction of 40% at moderate to high texture res!
- Load-time speedup of 15%!
- Visible speedbrakes on the wings! Pop the speedbrakes on the airliners and see them visually, as requested.
- Briefer can now print the weather report to a text file so you may print it, etc, for viewing during flight.
- More joysticks are now supported and more thoroughly. Also More PFC support.
- Landing gear warning horn silencer, as requested.
- Mixture and ignition status avail for data output.
- Engine failure by separation from aircraft. Yes, this is "interesting." VERY "interesting." sometimes FATALY "interesting."
- Load and save flight plans in your FMS system, as requested. Share them with your friends if you like! They are ".FMS" files in your "output/FMS plans" folder.
- Tire smoke OK, even on the replay and even if you blow a tire.
- Refined realweather interpretation... X-Plane and Briefer cannot be fooled by erroneous or contradictory remarks.
- All navaid data avail for udp output even if the cockpit is not up.
Download X-Plane 6.15 Update (2 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 14, 2002
Monday, May 13, 2002
Friday, May 10, 2002
Thursday, May 9, 2002
Wednesday, May 8, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.