Stronghold: Crusader Announced
12:01 PM | Vern Xiong | Comment on this story
With the Mac version of top-selling Stronghold hitting store shelves this month from MacSoft, Gathering of Developers and FireFly Studios have just announced Stronghold: Crusader, to be released for PC later this summer.
Stronghold: Crusader is a dynamic castle simulator set in a distant Arabian land, and combines aspects from the city builder and real-time strategy genres. Players will journey to Arabian lands renowned for brave warriors and fearsome weaponry, while reliving heroic battles of the historic Crusades.
In the Stronghold tradition, the challenge is to build and defend medieval fortresses (in this case, desert strongholds) and lay siege to fearless enemies. Players have the choice of either European crusaders or Arabian forces.
- The heroic battles of the historic Crusades in four distinct campaigns.
- Lead the heavily armored European Knights or command vast Arabian armies.
- Experience ruthless medieval combat in a hostile land where Assassins silently slay their victims, Horse Archers combine deadly accuracy with frightening speed and common Slaves can shift the balance of power. Master the tactics of warfare in the desert.
- Storm enemy barricades with over 25 units.
- Create an awe-inspiring fortress in Free-build mode.
- Design challenging new scenarios to thwart thy friends with the full-featured map and scenario editor.
- Crush your friends in multiplayer. Up to eight players via LAN or over the Internet.
There is no word as of yet on a Mac version of Stronghold: Crusader.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 1, 2002
Tuesday, April 30, 2002
Monday, April 29, 2002
Friday, April 26, 2002
Thursday, April 25, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.