Black & White Multiplayer Beta Patch Available
11:10 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Mac users looking forward to getting a little online time with their creatures should be happy to hear that Feral Interactive has released a multiplayer patch for Black & White. The patch, which brings the god-game up to version 1.1.5, includes several fixes and enhancements as well as a beta implementation of the ability to participate in multiplayer games.
Here's the full list of changes from programmer Dair Grant:
- First beta of multiplayer feature.
- Improved game save/load performance.
- Added "soccer pitch" feature.
- Added "Internet Weather" feature.
- Added support for custom tattoo files without a .bmp extension.
- Added support for good player alignment glow in higher detail modes.
- Added support for Sun halo visibility in higher detail modes.
- Added support for Cmd-Tab to switch to other applications.
- Now detect and warn about invalid OpenGL installations.
- Now require Mac OS X 10.1 when running on Mac OS X.
- Now ignore mice connected with Griffin iMate adaptors.
- Fixed potential crash between lands 3 and 4.
- Fixed crash when loading 3rd party map.
- Fixed bug where display initialisation dialog could launch web browser.
- Fixed problem where mouse wheel would zoom too quickly.
- Fixed problem where wrong display would be used on TiBook after sleep.
Players should note that the new multiplayer mode is still in beta testing; those willing to help Feral out should send the publisher concise and detailed reports of any problems found.
As we repoted in March, a Village Banter patch is also available, which allows players to zoom in on villagers and listen in on various conversations. The dialogue is in English only.
Those interested in downloading either the Village Banter patch or the version 1.1.5 patch can do so from our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
IMG Review: Black & White
Black & White
MGF: Black & White 1.1.5 Update (14.8 MB)
MGF: Villager Banter Update (1.5 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 1, 2002
Tuesday, April 30, 2002
Monday, April 29, 2002
Friday, April 26, 2002
Thursday, April 25, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.