Stronghold Mac Goes Gold
10:47 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
MacSoft today announced that Stronghold for the Mac has gone gold and will begin shipping to stores May 21. Stronghold is a unique "castle sim" that combines the best aspects of city builder and real-time strategy game. Set in medieval Europe, Stronghold challenges players with the daunting task of protecting their land from invasion, while keeping their people well fed and content.
Game features include:
- Medieval warfare with siege troops such as engineers and tunnelers, mobile equipment like catapults, siege towers, and battering rams, and static siege engines including mangonel, ballista, and trebuchets
- Robust, full-featured map and scenario editor
- Enthralling multi-player game play for up to 8 players via LAN or over the Internet
- Four separate game modes: economic (non-combat) campaign; siege famous historical castles; test castle building prowess in the "Siege That" challenge mode; and freebuild mode to peacefully design your ideal castle
The final system requirements are as follows:
- 350 MHz G3 or faster processor (500 MHz or faster for on-line play)
- Mac OS 8.6 or higher (Carbonized for OS X)
- Rage 128 or better video card
- 128 MB RAM, and 750 MB free hard disk space
- Internet or LAN connection required for on-line play
In related news, Stronghold for the Mac is now available for pre-order at the IMG Store for just $39. If you're a MacGames CD subscriber, you can pre-order the game for $34.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 26, 2002
Thursday, April 25, 2002
Wednesday, April 24, 2002
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
Monday, April 22, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.