Lineage Update Today
12:14 PM | Vern Xiong | Comment on this story
NCsoft announced yesterday afternoon that the following changes would be published today for Lineage, their massively multiplayer online role-playing game, during it's 10:00 am Central Time maintenance:
- A bug with the mage set of armor has been corrected. Players will no longer lose mana when restarted while wearing this armor.
- Haste will not continue to affect a resurrected monster, unless hasted again after the resurrection.
- Corrected a bug where the monster damage animation was playing even if a "miss" instead of a hit occurred.
- Fixed a bug with dog names reverting back to the original name.
- Corrected a bug with the enchanter and polymorpher NPC payments.
- Corpse decay is now between 45 and 60 seconds for monsters, and 5 minutes for dogs.
- The vendor named "Buakheu" sells Bless of Eva for 330 adena.
- A new animation for character level-up was added.
- The magic gem requirement for making elven wafer was removed.
- The "go on alert" option was removed from the dog control menu.
- Tsurugi is now one-handed.
- Some new items have been added to Lineage. We will allow for player discovery to announce what these items are.
- Specific "boss" monsters have been rebalanced. This rebalancing can possibly include loot, strength, and spawn times. The monsters changed are: Baphomet, Beleth, Necromancer, Giant Ant Queen, Death Knight.
- Arena rental re-activated.
For current players, any updates to the client software are downloaded automatically from the Lineage servers. For new users, the 377 MB Lineage client, which requires Mac OS X, is available for free via CD-ROM from the game's web site, and, for the patient and swift, via download from our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
New users may play for free for 30 days before deciding whether to pay the monthly subscription fee. For more information on Lineage, visit the game's web site and be sure to read IMG's preview, both of which are linked below.
[Sean Smith contributed to this story.]
IMG Preview: Lineage: The Blood Pledge
Lineage News: Publish Announcement
MGF: Lineage 2.4 (377 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 26, 2002
Thursday, April 25, 2002
Wednesday, April 24, 2002
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
Monday, April 22, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.