Software Tycoon Announced
11:09 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Thomas Steiding of e.p.i.c. interactive today announced a new title coming soon to the Mac called Software Tycoon. The game promises to be a fun look at the early '80s personal computer market. Software Tycoon should be available in June for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Here's the full description from the press release with a nice rundown of features:
It's 1982. Small computer games companies are springing up in the bedrooms around the world. A new business beckons, where everything is in your hands.Stay tuned for more information on Software Tycoon as the game gets closer to release in a couple months. Also check out the game's web site for many screen shots of the game in action.
You have total control, from creating the original concept, through hiring staff and packaging design, to the development of massive marketing campaigns.
Do you have the skills to create and use new technologies and become a Software Tycoon? Software Tycoon immerses the player through the implementation of different scenarios, tutorials and a truly satirical background that simulates the software business. But don't forget your opponents will stop at nothing to ruin your business!
- Real-time gameplay.
- Two intelligent and unusual computer computer controlled opponents.
- Satiric simulation of the software business.
- Interact with real living and acting characters.
- Multiple missions and tutorial scenarios.
- Adventure-like inventory.
- Hi-Res graphics in 800x600.
- Employ the best staff and implement massive marketing campaigns for your products.
- Sabotage your ruthless opponents.
- Different buildings in horizontal scrolling Location.
- Easy development of original game concepts.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 17, 2002
Tuesday, April 16, 2002
Monday, April 15, 2002
Friday, April 12, 2002
Thursday, April 11, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.