DOWN Coming to the Mac
10:05 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
A new link on the Fantasoft web site leads to a very interesting site dedicated to a Mac-only game called DOWN. The title is currently in beta testing and looks to be a very interesting combination of 2D characters in a fully 3D world. You play a nanodwarf who must travel the fantastical three worlds of Karelia. Your task is to separate the three realities connected by pillars so that the races on each will stop fighting and be free to grow separately.
DOWN will be available for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, and requires 64 MB of RAM (and at least 256 MB of Virtual Memory) in order to run well. The screen shots look similar to Myth, and the action/adventure game will contain a number of levels.
Here's Fantasoft's description of the game:
DOWN is an exploration game with action and adventure elements. You will find yourself on the longest journey to the worlds core tied together by the three crimson pulsars. Here is what you will encounter on your journey:We'll keep you posted on the status of DOWN as it heads towards release later in the year. It will be available from Fantasoft once it is ready for publishing.
- 16 chapters.
- 7 individual atmospheric regions.
- 10 monster classes will cross your path. Some may aid you while others may try to slay you.
- Fight for, find, buy, use and sell the following items:
- Pulsars: Cause the ground to tremble and help find your way to remote locations.
- Potions: Restore a portion of your health.
- Shooters: Allow you to blast your enemies.
- Keys: Make barriers disappear.
- Bodyswappers: Possess nearby creatures. Acquire their looks, energy and strength.
- Matter Melters: Can unite several items into something even more powerful.
- Messages: Provide hints about the chapter you're in.
- Maps: View the surroundings through an eagle's eye.
- Can you survive?
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 12, 2002
Thursday, April 11, 2002
Wednesday, April 10, 2002
Tuesday, April 9, 2002
Monday, April 8, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.