Aliens vs. Predator 2 Expansion Announced
8:09 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Aliens vs Predator fan site AvPNews.com recently posted an official press release heralding the impending release of an expansion to the popular first-person shooter Aliens vs Predator 2. Titled Primal Hunt, this expansion introduces new maps, weapons, and characters into the popular AvP universe.
The backstory to Primal Hunt starts some 500 years prior to AvP2. A Predator has discovered an artifact, apparently engineered by the ancient Pilot race, that allows the user to control Aliens. Unfortunately, that Predator stumbles into a stasis field and stays there until discovered and accidentally revived by a human 500 years later. While the humans and Predators vie for ownership of the artifact, a lone Alien also seeks the artifact with a different objective: to destroy it.
Here's a rundown of some of the new features Primal Hunt introduces:
- Nine new single player levels (three per species)
- Intense multi-player combat includes four new levels
- Includes all patches/updates and additional maps issued by Monolith since the release of AvP2
- New species-specific weapons and combat styles
- Human - Dual Pistols, Turret Gun, Deployable Sentry Gun
- Predator - Energy Flechette, Self-Destruct (only in multiplayer)
- Two new creatures indigenous to the planet
- New environment never-before-seen Predator ruins
- Ties in with original story of Aliens versus Predator 2 and provides closure to some open-ended questions
Also posted at AvPNews are eight screenshots of Primal Hunt. Shown off in the new photos are the new Dual Pistols, the Energy Flechette, and random scenes of these weapons causing havoc.
Though the Mac version of AvP2 has yet to be released, we're hoping that this upcoming expansion set will also have a future on the Mac platform. IMG will be sure to keep readers informed as we gather more details on the topic.
Buy Aliens vs. Predator 2
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 9, 2002
Monday, April 8, 2002
Friday, April 5, 2002
Thursday, April 4, 2002
Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.