realMYST Shipping? Not Yet
6:00 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Many excited readers have written in to let us know that their pre-orders of realMYST, MacPlay's real-time 3D version of the classic adventure game Myst, may have shippped. Many have received emails from UPS that they copy of realMYST is now shipping. Unfortunately, the game isn't shipping yet. In a conversation with MacPlay's Henry Price this morning, Price said that "we are waiting on approval from UbiSoft France. As soon as it's approved, we can start shipping." Price went on to say that in anticipation of shipping, the company had prepared the pre-order boxes and shipping labels. However, due to a glitch with UPS' shipping system, it mistakenly notified those who pre-ordered the game that their package had shipped.
realMYST was originally set to ship nearly simultaneously with the PC version, but publisher changes and optimization problems have plagued the development of the Mac version.
Some of the game's features:
- Special 3D effects and animations: Day, Night, Dynamic Lighting, Weather Effects, and Special Interactive Effects bring the world of Myst to full vibrant life.
- Wide-open, walk-through gameplay: For the first time, you can explore whatever you want, with 360 degrees of freedom.
- New Rime Age ending: Journey into an entirely new realm to uncover secrets and information no one has known before.
- Every graphic element has been upgraded to brilliant 32-bit color.
- New sound effects and an original soundtrack enhance the sense of realism.
- Digitally remastered music heightens the gameplay experience.
- Larger and higher quality movies and animations.
If you haven't pre-ordered the game yet, you can do so now at MacPlay's new web store for $30. We'll keep you posted once the official word from the company is received.
IMG Preview: realMYST
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 8, 2002
Friday, April 5, 2002
Thursday, April 4, 2002
Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Tuesday, April 2, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.