Bubble Trouble X Progress [Updated]
7:10 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Ambrosia Software fans currently enamoured with their recent smash-hit Escape Velocity: Nova might be looking for a gaming change of scene. Luckily it seems Bubble Trouble for OS X is still underway and making progress at the company. The fun underwater strategy game was set to hit private beta milestone 5 a while ago, but according to the title's progress logs, it was temporarily held up. Alex Metcalf notes some roudy fish were the problem, but it has been corrected for the time being.
[Update] Another post early this morning gives more details on exactly what has been changed in beta 5:
- Editor is a lot more stable and visually improvedFor more on Bubble Trouble, be sure to have a look at the Ambrosia site. Those not running in OS X might also check out the Classic demo.
Bubble Trouble X Progress Log
- OS X performance improved
- animation smoothed (now using Carbon timers)
- a lot of visual changes to dialogs and so forth
- InputSprocket support added for keyboard and mouse
- several b4 bugs squished
- Lots of other things I forgot to write down
Download Bubble Trouble X Demo
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Tuesday, April 2, 2002
Monday, April 1, 2002
Friday, March 29, 2002
Thursday, March 28, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.