Tranquility 5 Released for OS X
8:15 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
TQworld has announced that version 5.0 of their online tranquility title is available strictly for Mac OS X. While the company will continue to support previous OS users with Tranquility 4.5, this new version adds a number of features to the game not found before. Included in the improvements is a particle system for new effects, an updated soundtrack, and level saving for offline play. Here's the full press release with much more information:
TQworld is announcing the immediate availability of tranquility 5.0 for Mac OS X.If you've never tried out this colorful 3D title, you're strongly encouraged to head over to the TQworld site for a demo.
More than an upgrade, every aspect of tranquility has been redesigned for higher performance and we've added deeper support for OS X including clipboard capturing and printing of screen shots, exploration of game features and setting preferences through an Aqua dialog, and a totally new high-performance graphics and music engine. We're now OS X to the bone.
For those who haven't kept in touch with TQworld, in January we restructured our pricing model. A subscription to tranquility is now $24 for lifetime support including all future tranquility upgrades. Our previous one-year subscribers have been all upgraded automatically to a lifetime subscription for free.
This is also a departure for TQworld in that version 5.0 is only available for OS X, we'll no longer be producing tranquility for previous versions of Mac OS (but we'll still support OS 9 users with version 4.5).
There's lot's of exciting new features in 5.0:
- A new particle system including a waterfall!
- A new soundtrack engine with 200 voices and 8 music arrangements.
- Eight levels of motion blur, from a light blur to deep
- You can now save up to 100 local levels for hours of play offline.
- New preference panel where you can change game settings.
- tranquility can now remember your login settings between sessions.
- A choice of three background grids and four color modes.
- New chroma generator with deeper, more intense color.
- Support for saving screen shots to the clipboard.
- You can also print screen shots from within the program.
- The ability to set the depth buffer, allowing tq to run on more video cards.
- and much more...
MGF: tranquility (13.1 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 13, 2002
Tuesday, March 12, 2002
Monday, March 11, 2002
Friday, March 8, 2002
Thursday, March 7, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.