Medal of Honor Coming to Mac
8:22 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media today "informally" announced that they will be publishing the wildly popular World War II first person shooter, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The announcement was made during a chat on "Your Mac Life" last night.
The port to the Mac, which was code-named "Miller" by Westlake Interactive, is being done by Duane Johnson and has already reached the First Playable stage. Westlake's Suellen Adams told IMG last night that the game should be shipping in August but also said that if all goes well it might even ship earlier (early summer).
Set during the most trying years of the war, from 1942 to 1945, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault gives you a sense of the courage it took to survive the landings at Normandy, the assault at Arzew, a rendezvous with the French Resistance outside the village of St. Lo and the push through the heavily defended border of Germany itself to take the bridge at Remagen. You assume the role of Lt. Mike Powell, member of the famed 1st Ranger Battalion, who gets recruited by the OSS and battles through over 20 levels based on historical military campaigns of World War II.
Other Medal of Honor features include:
- Over 20 levels that the player must accomplish specific objectives and goals in order to succeed and advance.
- Fully realized 3-D worlds utilizing the powerful Quake III engine.
- Over 1000 unique character animations for unsurpassed level of realism.
- Multiple online options including team combat and traditional last man standing modes.
- Encounters with 22 different enemies including Wehrmacht Snipers, Kradschützen Motorcycle Troops, and Gestapo Officers.
- Access to over 21 historically accurate World War II era weapons, including Thompson submachine guns, Mark II Frag Grenades, .50 al mounted machine guns, flame-throwers, and "sticky bombs."
- Four different stationary weapons that the player can use against the enemy.
- All new interactive vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the M3 Half Track.
- More than 18 enemy vehicles including the Tiger Mark I Heavy Tank, Stuka Dive Bombers, and V2 Rockets.
- Weather and time-of-day effects.
- Assault enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Special "disguise" mode that allows players to put on enemy uniforms to evade capture.
- Highly destructible interactive environments.
- Original orchestral score by Medal of Honor composer Michael Giacchino.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
A formal announcement by Aspyr Media will be made in the coming weeks. We'll be sure to keep you posted on any future developments.
Medal of Honor
Buy Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 12, 2002
Monday, March 11, 2002
Friday, March 8, 2002
Thursday, March 7, 2002
Wednesday, March 6, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.