Age of Empires II Updated to 1.04
7:12 AM | Sean Smith | Comment on this story
Bold, by Destineer has released the eagerly-awaited update to version 1.04 of Age of Empires II: Gold Edition, featuring the ability to restore a saved multiplayer game.
Players can now save a multiplayer game at any time and restart it later, and if one of the computers in a multiplayer game should crash, the game will now automatically be saved on another player's machine so that all players can restart the game where they left off.
Other problems addressed include:
- GameRanger launch problem under OS X.
- Problems with OS 9 joining an OS X hosted game.
- Recent Games list in the Join Game dialog. It was not remembering recent IP addresses.
- Under OS 9, alleviated problems with background applications trying to come to the front. Background applications (like Instant Messenger and Palm Desktop) should not interfere any longer.
- Hardware cursor is now always used. This eliminates problems with the cursor disappearing after dismissing certain dialogs.
- The game now deletes its temporary files when the game quits. This should eliminate the problem of temporary files being found in the trash can upon restart.
- "Assertion (bytesToRead>=28) failed" problem during multiplayer games.
- Crash in certain circumstances when trying to join a game with an invalid IP address.
Thanks to Mark Krenek and Brad Oliver at Westlake Interactive for their diligence in hunting down and squashing these bugs.
To download the version 1.04 update, follow the link below to our sister site, MacGameFiles.
IMG Review: Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II
MGF: Age of Empires II 1.04 Update (1.7 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 7, 2002
Wednesday, March 6, 2002
Tuesday, March 5, 2002
Monday, March 4, 2002
Friday, March 1, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.