OS X USB Overdrive Beta 4 Update
9:54 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
The Mac OS X version of USB Overdrive by Alessandro Levi Montalcini has been updated to beta 4. Known to many a Mac user, USB Overdrive is a shareware utility that provides greater mouse, trackball, gamepad, and joystick functionality than the manufacturer's drivers often allow. This is particularly useful when gaming, as the program allows for customizable button mapping.
The latest update includes several new features as well as fixes:
- Added AutoScroll support.
- Added Accelerated Scrolling support.
- Added Use Global Settings support.
- Added a shortcut to the USB Overdrive in the System Preferences.
- Fixed problems with keystrokes or mouse clicks not being released when switching from one application to another.
- Improved the list of connected devices and the device information window.
- Fixed problems with multiple login items or multiple copies of the USBOverdriveHelper running at the same time.
The USB Overdrive web site also notes that some bugs from the beta 3 version have been addressed, including user settings not holding and the options menu listing too many mouse devices.
Beta 4 for Mac OS X supports only mice; support for other game controllers will be added in a future release. (The Mac OS 9 version has mature support for all game controllers.)
For more information as well as links for downloading this utility, check out the USB Overdrive web site.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 27, 2002
Tuesday, February 26, 2002
Monday, February 25, 2002
Friday, February 22, 2002
Thursday, February 21, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.