F/A-18 Korea 1.2b1 Released
6:00 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
Graphic Simulations, stalwart makers of the venerable and popular fighter jet simulator F/A-18 Korea, have released a long-awaited update to version 1.2 beta 1.
The new patch introduces a host of graphics improvements targeted specifically to take advantage of the features of modern-day graphics cards, including:
- Uses higher resolution textures for the clouds, terrain and bodies of water.
- Includes volumetric clouds in addition to high-altitude cloud layers.
- Improved lighting effects, including lens flare and water reflective glare.
- Supports nVidia and ATI graphics using OpenGL 1.2.
- Improved missiles and flare visuals and behavior.
- Network play allows host to set game parameters, including a time limit and/or a kill limit.
- Textures are now TARGA (.tga) format files, and so may easily be edited with an image editor.
These new graphics enhancements have upped the system requirements of the game; users should have at least a G3 running at 300 MHz and a modern video card with at least 8 MB of VRAM to enjoy the game's new features.
In addition to graphics enhancements, the new version adds additional control over network games, allowing game hosts to set kill or time limits. Version 1.2 is not networkable with earlier versions.
F/A-18 Korea allows players to fly F/A-18 Hornets out of carriers and airbases in the Korean peninsula. The Gold edition of the game comes with F/A-18 Hornet 3.0, an older version set in the Middle East.
IMG Review: F/A-18 Korea Gold
F/A-18 Korea Gold
MGF: F/A-18 Korea 1.2b1 Update (14 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, February 26, 2002
Monday, February 25, 2002
Friday, February 22, 2002
Thursday, February 21, 2002
Wednesday, February 20, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.