Lineage DNS Fix
6:00 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Changes are happening at NCsoft in anticipation of the Episode 10 update to the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Lineage.
They have been patching the Mac OS X client recently so that beta testers won't have another long download upon the final version's release. Unfortunately it seems a few people are having trouble connecting to the Lineage servers because of a DNS problem.
If you are experiencing this issue, they already have a fix for you. It requires some tweaking of your Lineage application, so here are the few instructions to get it up and running:
1. Download the file located at ftp://ftp2.lineage-us.com/Lineage.sit.
2. Locate and expand the file.
3. Press the "Control" key while clicking on the Lineage icon in your Applications folder.
4. Select "Show Package Contents" from the drop-down menu.
5. Double-click the "Contents" folder.
6. Double-click the "Mac OS" folder.
7. Copy the Lineage file directly into the Mac OS folder.
8. Start Lineage as normal.
At only 79 KB it's a very quick download, so if you've been experiencing issues be sure to try it out.
IMG Preview: Lineage: The Blood Pledge
Lineage: DNS Fix for Macintosh Users
Download DNS Fix for Macintosh Users (79 KB)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 21, 2002
Wednesday, February 20, 2002
Tuesday, February 19, 2002
Monday, February 18, 2002
Friday, February 15, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.