Civilization III Patched to Version 1.17f
1:23 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
MacSoft today posted a patch for their hit strategy game Civilization III, bringing it to version 1.17f. The new patch adds a number of features and improvements, including:
- Stack movement for units of the same type: This means that you can set multiple go-to orders for units of the same type, in the same tile, with a single order.
- Civilization Unique Units are now part of the upgrade path: Now you can upgrade a unique unit and they function just like the standard unit they replace with regards to upgrading.
- Improved unit activation sequence: Units will be selected for orders more logically. There will be less jumping around the screen during your turn.
- Possible to completely suppress cultural city acquisition with military units: Before there was always a small chance that a city would revert to another stronger culture, regardless of the number of military units you've got stationed there. Now, if you have enough, you can eliminate that chance entirely.
- Many operations are faster now, including map scrolling.
- Preferences will be saved in all cases.
- All sounds and music will play consistently.
- Native support for multiple mouse buttons and mouse wheels under OS X.
- In addition to the command key, the option key will now also bring up the startup configuration dialog.
- Memory footprint has been reduted [by] roughly three megs.
- Added 1600x1024 as an option for Cinema Displays.
- Added 1152x768 as an option for Titanium PowerBooks.
- Changed to a more common Mac resolution.
- Visual glitches have been fixed under OS X.
- Uses much less CPU time when paused or hidden.
- UI actions respond more quickly.
- Menu no longer appends items twice under the classic Mac OS.
- Screenshot code works more reliably with more than one screenshot.
Head over to our sister site, MacGameFiles, to download the 1.7 MB patch. For more information about this best-selling strategy game by Sid Meier, be sure to read our review at the link below.
(And remember, if you're a MacGames CD subscriber, you can buy your own copy from the IMG Store for $39.)
IMG Review: Civilization III
MGF: Civilization III 1.17f Update (1.7 MB)
Buy Civilization III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 20, 2002
Tuesday, February 19, 2002
Monday, February 18, 2002
Friday, February 15, 2002
Thursday, February 14, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.