Spider-Man Updated to Version 1.0.1
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media yesterday updated their new action title Spider-Man to version 1.0.1. The update features several bug fixes and enhancements, including the enabling of full screen anti-aliasing (FSAA) for ATI users.
Here's the rundown from the "Read Me" that accompanies the update:
- Fixed a crash and rendering glitch with the Scorpion in the Character Viewer Gallery.
- The invisibility feature of the Spidey Unlimited costume was not working.
- Added support for 32-bit color (millions of colors). This improves overall texture dithering for machines that have the horsepower. It is a user option selectable under Options/Display Options.
- Added support for Full Screen Anti-Aliasing on ATI video cards. It is a user option selectable under Options/Display Options. If your machine does not support this feature, the option will be disabled. ATI's Radeon 8500 Mac Edition graphics board supports Full Screen Anti-Aliasing for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. To enable Full Screen Anti-Aliasing support in older Radeon Mac Edition models, including the original Radeon and Radeon 7000, a driver update from ATI's website may be required. Visit www.ati.com for the latest driver updates.
- The radio tower on top of building at start of the 2nd level was rendered incorrectly.
(At the time of this writing, the FSAA driver update for Radeon cards older than the 8500 was not yet available from ATI's web site.)
The update, which weighs in at one megabyte, is available for download at MacGameFiles and is recommended for all owners of Spider-Man. For more information on Spider-Man itself, be sure to check out IMG's recent preview.
IMG Preview: Spider-Man
MGF: Spider-Man 1.0.1 Update (1 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 15, 2002
Thursday, February 14, 2002
Wednesday, February 13, 2002
Tuesday, February 12, 2002
Monday, February 11, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.