Tropico Expansion Pack for Mac?
9:16 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
A few days ago, PopTop Software announced that the Paradise Island expansion pack for Tropico, the popular Caribbean dictator simulation, would be released on the PC on February 5th. The pack adds new features to the game, creating new powers and problems for "El Presidente" as the player dictates an island country’s diplomatic, developmental, and political fate.
IMG contacted PopTop's Phil Steinmeyer about when we could expect a Mac version of the expansion pack. Steinmeyer offered this response:
It will probably happen, time frame is May/June...Tropico: Paradise Island expands the Tropico world by offering these features:
This is great news for fans of the original game released last summer by MacSoft. We'll keep you posted on further developments as they become available.
IMG Review: Tropico
- 23 new scenarios
- 12 all-new buildings
- Four new tourists to lure to Tropico (and boats to match)
- Natural disasters, including storms and diseases
- More edicts to enforce your will
- New dictator attributes
- Game play enhancements, including high score details, full view of buildings, and faster construction
- Another hour of that great Tropico music you love, made by the same outstanding musicians who made the original music, for a total of over two hours of playtime
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
Monday, January 28, 2002
Friday, January 25, 2002
Thursday, January 24, 2002
Wednesday, January 23, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.