MacSoft Offers Info on Upcoming Releases
6:00 AM | Richard Porcher | Comment on this story
Venerable game publisher MacSoft has narrowed down the release dates of three of its upcoming games.
Stronghold is a castle-building strategy game that IMG reported earlier this week. This interesting title combines the careful planning of a city-builder with the excitement of a real-time strategy game. It is scheduled to be released in May of this year.
Some things to look forward to in Stronghold, according to MacSoft:
- Experience medieval warfare
- Design and build awe-inspiring castles
- Create your own kingdom
- Manage your economy
- Four separate game modes: Design, Building, Economic, and Combat
- Fend off foes with boiling oil and fire ditches
- Single-player campaign consisting of 21 story-based missions
- Enthralling multiplayer gameplay for up to eight players via LAN or over the Internet
- Robust, full-featured map and scenario editor
Beach Head 2002, like its predecessor, is an exciting action game that puts the player in the shoes of a lone soldier who must take on a horde of opposing forces.
Here is MacSoft's description of a few of the features of Beach Head 2002, expected in March:
- New modes of enemy attack such as paratroopers and special operation forces.
- Network support for cooperative defensive play
- Dynamic lighting with search lights that cut through the night, tracers and explosions that whiz through the dark, and flares burst overhead
- Time passes during the battle and day turns into night
- All-new defensive obstacles such as barbed wire, tank traps, mine fields and oil-filled moats that can be ignited
- Beautiful new inland scenarios with mountains, trees and detailed defense perimeter defenses
- Enemy forces now attack from 360 degrees
- Additional new weapons and equipment, such as night vision goggles, radar, M16 rifle, M60 machine gun, flare gun and a mortar with cluster bomb capability
Master of Orion 3, one of the most anticipated titles of the past two years, is scheduled to make its debut on the Macintosh in June 2002. Master of Orion 3 is the sequel to one of the most highly-acclaimed turn-based galactic strategy games of all time, and it promises to take the genre to a whole new level.
Follow the link below to MacSoft's web site for more details.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
Monday, January 28, 2002
Friday, January 25, 2002
Thursday, January 24, 2002
Wednesday, January 23, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.