Game Developers Conference Fast Approaching
6:00 AM | Sean Smith | Comment on this story
This year's Game Developers Conference, the premier technical conference of the game development industry, is being held on March 19-23 in San Jose, California, and February 5 is the last day you can take advantage of discounted early registration.
In the words of the GDC web site:
For over a decade, the Game Developers Conference has been the independent and unbiased forum where game development professionals from around the world gather to share ideas and build the skills essential to creating the next generation of interactive entertainment. The most innovative companies in the industry demonstrate the future of hardware, software and services. Industry luminaries lead more than 300 lectures, tutorials, panels and roundtables covering all aspects of game development for all platforms and all genres.The GDC has announced the following keynote speakers:
Head over the Game Developers Conference web site for more information.
Game Developers Conference
- Visual Arts: Peter Chan, "Crossing Over to Film and Back Again"
- Production: Shuhei Yoshida (SCE), "Next Generation Console Development and Production in the Global Market: Opportunities and Challenges"
- Game Design: Kazunori Yamauchi (Polyphony Digital), "Advancing a Franchise Through Design"
- Business & Legal: Gabe Newell (Valve), "Redefining the Business of Game Development"
- Programming: John H. Conway (Princeton University)
- Audio: Ray Colcord, "The More Things Change..."
- Level Design: Toshihiro Nagoshi (Amusement Vision), "The Evolution of Level Design and the Relationship Between Background and Interface Design Procedures"
- General Interest: Shin'ichi Okamoto (SCE), "Sony Computer Entertainment Research & Development"
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, January 30, 2002
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
Monday, January 28, 2002
Friday, January 25, 2002
Thursday, January 24, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.