Red Faction 1.2 Beta 2 Released
9:15 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
GraphSim has released a new beta of Red Faction 1.2, bringing it to beta 2. The company released beta 1 a few weeks ago, the first publically available Mac OS X-native version.
Here's a list of fixes from the read me for Red Faction 1.2 beta 2:
The patch weighs in at 1.8 MB and includes two applications: an application for Mac OS 9 and a Carbonized application for Mac OS X. To install the patch, simply download the file, extract it, then place both apps into your Red Faction folder. There's also a small data file you'll need to put into the Red Faction "data" folder. After that, you're good to go.
- Update for multi-player mode to allow internet play against the Windows Red Faction 1.2.
- Significant speed increase for Mac OS 8 and 9.
- New application that runs natively under OS X.
- Fixed key-down on launch to show the startup dialognow "Control" key.
- Fixed problem with save games and "period" (.) characters in the volume or folder name.
- Added smoother mouse response.
To download the patch, head over to our sister site, MacGameFiles. If you find any bugs with this latest beta, you can e-mail the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have fun!
IMG Review: Red Faction
MGF: Red Faction 1.2 beta 2 (1.8 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, January 21, 2002
Friday, January 18, 2002
Thursday, January 17, 2002
Wednesday, January 16, 2002
Tuesday, January 15, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.