Quake 1.0.3 for Mac OS X Released
11:05 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
Axel Wefers of Fruitz of Dojo wrote in to tell us that he's released version 1.0.3 of his unofficial Quake for Mac OS X. Using id Software's readily available source code, Wefers has made Cocoa versions of Quake and QuakeWorld that support both software rendering and OpenGL rendering.
Here's a list of fixes in this update:
• Fixed "dragging MOD folders onto the Quake icon". Was broken with If you're a fan of the classic Quake and are itching to play it on OS X, then check out the download. Source code is also available.
Quake 1.0.3 for Mac OS X
• Enabled "Num. Lock" key.
• Added functionality to the brightness slider at the options.
• Added variable "vid_wait" to enable/disable VBL syncing [only in
• Fixed bug with loading skins in PCX format
• Included a compiled version of Cheapo v2.61
Fruitz Of Dojo
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 20, 2001
Monday, November 19, 2001
Friday, November 16, 2001
Thursday, November 15, 2001
Wednesday, November 14, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.