Otto Matic Movie Contest
3:57 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media let us know they're running a contest to publicize their upcoming 3D action/adventure game, Otto Matic.
Written by Pangea's Brian Greenstone, Otto Matic is inspired by classic (and not-so-classic) sci-fi movies of past decades. Aspyr recently asked Greenstone for a list of the top ten Otto Matic inspirational movies, and here they are:
1. The Day the Earth Stood StillQuite an eclectic mix, to say the least.
2. The Blob
3. Buck Rogers
4. The Brain from Planet Aros
6. Forbidden Planet
7. The Green Slime
8. Attack of the 50ft. Woman
9. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
10. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Each Tuesday until Otto Matic's release, Aspyr will ask three questions about one of Greenstone's inspirational movies. The first person to answer all three correctly by Friday will receive, according to Aspyr, an "Otto Matic prize" of undetermined nature.
This week's questions concern the 1950's classic, "The Day the Earth Stood Still":
1. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was based on which short story?Submit your answers by e-mail to the contest link below, and remember, this week's answers are due by Friday, September 9, 2001, when the winner will be announced. (One submission per e-mail address.)
Aspyr: Otto Matic Sci-Fi Movie Contest
2. Who was the actor who played Gort, the giant, menacing robot, and how tall was he?
3. What color was the UFO?
Aspyr: Otto Matic
IMG Preview: Otto Matic
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, November 2, 2001
Thursday, November 1, 2001
Wednesday, October 31, 2001
Tuesday, October 30, 2001
Monday, October 29, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.