MacPlay to Port No One Lives Forever
2:21 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
MacPlay just keeps unleashing one knockout blow after another against the glass jaws of Mac gamers everwhere -- not only did they ship Baldur's Gate 2 and AvP and declare Giants "gold" this week, now they are announcing a future title. The highly-praised LithTech-powered shooter No One Lives Forever has been added to their catalog of upcoming titles.
Interestingly enough, this spy-themed shooter will be ported to Mac OS X only -- a trend MacPlay began with Giants: Citizen Kabuto and one which seems destined to continue. While it isn't stated in the press release, this leads us to guess that Omni Development is handling the port, which means we can expect stellar performance and a quick turnaround. Here are the details:
Groovy Yeah! Guess what baby? We've done it. We put the grrrr in great Mac gaming, with the recent acquisition of No One Lives ForeverTM, one of the most critically acclaimed first person shooters. MacPlay has certainly kept us on our toes today! For more information on NOLF, visit the official web site. For more hints on OTHER titles that MacPlay will be shipping in the future, read our recent "Ask MacPlay" column, particularly page two. Follow the link to read the rest of the MacPlay newsletter. NOLF is due in Q2 2002.
Your Mission: Assume the role of Cate Archer, a beautiful but deadly operative working for UNITY - a super secret organization fighting to free the world from the clutches of H.A.R.M. From tense subterfuge to in-your-face combat, No One Lives ForeverTM ups the ante for plot-driven, 1960's-influenced spy action with killer weapons, vivid international locales and deadly arch villains. Equipped with an arsenal of powerful weapons and ingenious gadgets, you must unravel a mystery that will lead you halfway around the world in a desperate search for answers. Try not to blow your cover . . . or your cool.
The highly acclaimed game was named "Action Game Of The Year" by PC Gamer, Computer Games Magazine and Computer Gaming World, as well as garnering ratings of 5 out of 5 from Computer Games Online and Maxim Online, as well as 9 out of 10 from Happy Puppy and Game Maniacs.
"The addition of No One Lives ForeverTM, to our already strong library of titles proves we are the grooviest Mac gaming Publisher around," said Mark Cottam, President of MacPlay. "We feel very groovy, baby, about our partnership with Fox Interactive and believe it will allow us to continue bringing the best in computer gaming to the Macintosh and our loyal MacPlay customers".
No One Lives Forever - Features:
* 15 missions across 60 levels. Unique situations worthy of any super spy - skydive from a plummeting airliner, fight off killer sharks and explore twisted jungles!
* Ride motorcycles and snowmobiles through vast, realistic landscapes and environments rich with texture and detail.
* Choose your weapons carefully: an AK-47 assault rifle and a 9mm silenced automatic or an M79 grenade launcher and a silent but deadly crossbow with sniper scope.
* Use stealth to take down the enemy from a distance or charge in with guns blazing.
* Smart enemies move and react with striking realism. Watch them seek cover, respond to suspicious sounds or launch coordinated attacks.
* Multiplay for up to 16 players. Take your chances in an all-or-nothing Good vs. Evil multiplayer game or go head-to-head in Deathmatch mode. Choose from over 30 different characters.
No One Lives Forerver
MacPlay October Newsletter
Ask MacPlay Volume 2
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 17, 2001
Tuesday, October 16, 2001
Monday, October 15, 2001
Friday, October 12, 2001
Thursday, October 11, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.