Tactical Ops Beta 1.2
6:00 AM | Toby Allen | Comment on this story
The Unreal Tournament mod Tactical Ops has been updated with many new features. This realistic Anti-terrorist mod had undergone some major changes in this update, with remodeled weapons, recreated maps, tweaked gameplay and fixes of various issues. It has been recommended by the Tactical Ops team that you uninstall previous Tactical Ops files in order to successfully install beta 1.2. The following changes are only found in version 1.2:
GamePlay For those who missed it the first time around, Tactical Ops was formerly known as SWAT; they changed their name for legal reasons. As usual, we have tested this new version and can confirm that it works perfectly with Mac Unreal Tournament.
- Core gameplay rewritten. Nice performance increase.
- UT gametypes supported, you can now play DM, LMS, TDM, Assault, CTF and DOM with Tactical Ops weapons! :)
- New Player model skins: Krazy Ivan and Walker (Terrorists), Carter (Special Forces) and Hostage thanks to Butcher.
- You can now only carry a grenade at a time.
- Dead players can only talk to dead players.
- Changing team always kill the player, except during Briefing.
- Money awarded: Each round each team is given $1000 instead of $500. Loosing team is now awarded $1000 instead if $800. Rescuing a hostage: $700 for player, $300 for team. Evidence award: $250
- Messages color: green = all, blue = special forces, red = terrorists, grey = spectating
- Player Dodging removed.
- Added UT 'Last man standing' gametype support.
- buy aliases, thanks to Michael "IvanTT" Sanders, read README-s_kAmmoAuto-Aliases.txt
- weight system. Slows player down depending on the current weapon's weight, special items carried (such as cocaine) and armor. (Disabled with UT gametypes).
- Blood trails. When wounded you will leave bloodtrails depending on your health.
Download TacOps Beta 1.2 (list of mirrors)
Recent Mac Games News
Saturday, July 22, 2000
Friday, July 21, 2000
Thursday, July 20, 2000
Wednesday, July 19, 2000
Tuesday, July 18, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.