Quake III OS X 1.30b1 Available
1:05 PM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Accelerate Your Mac received word today that id Software has posted the OS X version of the Quake III 1.30b1. The Classic version was released last week.
The improvements should mirror the ones that came with the Classic update:
- Fixed sound bug (with Graeme hints) -- this crashed some mods
- Made sure Sys_Printf doesn't get into an endless loop if logfile is on
- Fixed qconsole.log issues, +set logfile 1 +set fs_debug 1 was crashing (any OS)
- Fixed logfile 1 / ttycon 1 issue, didn't exit properly (same endless looping) Also fixes an issue reported by q3f team
- Changed rcon commands from Com_DPrintf to Com_Printf so that they show up in the console (with IP information)
- Fixed autodownload toggle in q3 ui
As is almost always the case when a new update comes out, id's ftp server is, at the time of this article's posting, almost impossible to get into. The update itself weighs in at around 27 MB.
Quake 3 Arena Version 1.30 Released
Q3A X 1.130 Mirrors at Blue's News
Accelerate Your Mac
id Software - Quake III Mac Updates
Quake III Arena
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, September 27, 2001
Wednesday, September 26, 2001
Tuesday, September 25, 2001
Monday, September 24, 2001
Friday, September 21, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.