Quake 3 Arena Version 1.30 Released
2:37 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The long-awaited, non-Beta version of Quake 3 Arena has been released by <>id Software. Graeme Devine just updated his .plan file with news that this update had been released for Mac OS 9.x on the id FTP site, which is of course already suffering under the strain of those downloading the new Wolfenstein MPTest.
We couldn't even get in to mirror the file, but we'll update this article with mirror links as they become available. This should bring the Mac version of Quake 3 Arena dead even with the PC and Linux versions, and addresses the following:
* Fixed sound bug (with Graeme hints) -- this crashed some modsThe 26 MB download also includes several new and tweaked maps and models; we'll let you know when the OS X version arrives, which should follow shortly.
* Made sure Sys_Printf doesn't get into an endless loop if logfile is on
* Fixed qconsole.log issues, +set logfile 1 +set fs_debug 1 was crashing (any OS)
* Fixed logfile 1 / ttycon 1 issue, didn't exit properly (same endless looping) Also fixes an issue reported by q3f team
* Changed rcon commands from Com_DPrintf to Com_Printf so that they show up in the console (with IP information)
* Fixed autodownload toggle in q3 ui
Q3A 1.30 Mirrors at Blue's News
Graeme Devine's .plan File
Quake 3 Arena 1.30 Release (25.6 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 26, 2001
Tuesday, September 25, 2001
Monday, September 24, 2001
Friday, September 21, 2001
Thursday, September 20, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.