Myth II: Worlds Coming Soon
9:37 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
As if the impending launch of Myth III: The Wolf Age wasn't enough to get RTS fans excited, Take Two Interactive isn't finished with their licence to the series either. Today they announced Myth II: Worlds, a combo package which includes all Myth II and all the major expansions/plugins.
Myth II: Worlds appears to include many third-party plug-ins, including Jinn and the series of World War II-inspired maps and mods. While those who already own the title may not find anything new, if you're curious about the title which inspired Myth III this may be a worthwhile purchase. Here is a list of features:
Myth II: Worlds is a squad-based tactical strategy game delivering an impressive assortment of 3D battlefields created by experts and fans alike in the Myth community! Inside you will find three CDís bursting with total conversions, characters, solo levels, and multiplayer levels, as well as the award winning Myth II: Soulblighter! This title is listed as "coming soon," and no release date is offered as of yet. Although this is not official, we suspect this will be a "value-priced" release, so it may become a way for fans of the original title to get their hands on two full CDs of mods and maps without hours and hours of downloading.
* Loads of unique characters and units such as Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Droids, Samurai, WWII Infantry and Tanks!
* Over 50 single player levels and dozens of multiplayer maps across several dramatic settings including Mythical, Historical, and Sci-Fi!
* Complete map editor with third party tools to make level creation even easier!
* Includes the official Myth II Strategy Guide in electronic format on the CD!
* Play cooperatively or go head to head with up to 16 players via a LAN or over the Internet.
* Free bungie.net account!
Myth II: Worlds at Take Two Interactive
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 24, 2001
Friday, September 21, 2001
Thursday, September 20, 2001
Wednesday, September 19, 2001
Tuesday, September 18, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.